Last night was the 12th annual Ivey Awards, where the Twin Cities theater community gets together to celebrate our theater-ness. More officially it is "designed to celebrate and showcase the work of professional theater companies and artists over the past year."
The Ivey Awards give out fancy awards, but they also make a space where our theater community are invited to share the same space. There is also entertainment! The awards feature selections from productions from the past year.
- The Wizard of Oz (Children’s Theatre Company) – Overall Excellence
- Glensheen (History Theatre) – Overall Excellence
- Le Switch (Jungle Theater) – Overall Excellence
Read the full ArtfullyEngaging review...
"LE SWITCH" AT JUNGLE THEATER IS SEXY, FUNNY, AND HEARTFELT
- Victor Zupanc – Sound Design and Music: Pinocchio (Children’s Theatre Company)
- Kevin Fanshaw and Charles Numrich – Acting: Equus (Theatre Coup d’Etat)
- Warren C. Bowles – Direction: The Tale of the Allergist’s Wife (Minnesota Jewish Theatre Company)
- Kate Sutton-Johnson – Set Design: Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (Theater Latté Da)
- Jasmine Hughes – Acting: Sunset Baby (Penumbra Theatre)
- Ensemble – Acting: Trouble in Mind (Guthrie Theater)
- Ensemble – Acting: Now or Later (New Epic Theater)
Now, is giving an award to someone who says nice AND sometimes not so nice things aboutTwin Cities theater productions controversial? Take a look at the reaction on Twitter...